Political Risk Insurance
Protect assets and investments in emerging markets against losses due to Political Violence, Confiscation, Expropriation and Nationalization, Inconvertablity of Currency and other investment-related risks.
- Covers loss or damage to physical assets due to Political violence, such as revolution, insurrection, civil unrest, terrorism or war.
- Can also be written to include business interruption, loss of equity investments, or loss of income.
- Forced abandonment where the insured’s home government requires abandonment of a project as a result of Political violence can also be covered.
Confiscation, Expropriation or Nationalization
- Covers the confiscation, expropriation, nationalization and other foreign government actions which could deprive you of ownership or control of your assets.
- Protects local currency dividends, debt service, return of capital by a foreign goverment or private sector buyer.
- Covers non-payment of financial obligations of sovereign governments, state owned enterprises and other quasi-sovereign entities.
- Protects the insured when licenses that are fundamental to the operation of a project are cancelled by the host government without cause, resulting in the termination of the project.
Wrongful Calling of Guarantees
- Covers wrongful calling of performance or bid bonds, standby letters of credit or similiar on demand guarantees.